Larry Jensen has sent the following Action Alert for all of us to have the information and resources to be there Wednesday morning if possible and to email all members involved no matter. Thank you Larry;
Wed, Feb 10 8:00 AM Utah Capitol (We’ll announce the room when it gets posted)
The People’s Resolution of Utah State Sovereignty (SJR6) will have its first hearing by the Utah Senate Government Operations Subcommittee on Wednesday.
We need your physical support at this meeting. Please attend if you can.
Please e-mail or call the Committee Members:
Sen Peter Knudson (R. Brigham City) email@example.com Home: (435) 723-2035 Office: (435) 723-6366
Sen Scott Jenkins (R. Plain City) firstname.lastname@example.org Home: (801) 731-5120 Office: (801) 621-5412
Sen Jon Greiner (R. Ogden) email@example.com Home: (801) 621-0423 Office: (801) 629-8226
Sen Daniel Liljenquist (R. Bountiful) firstname.lastname@example.org Home: (801) 294-2378
Sen Ben McAdams ( SLC) email@example.com Home: (801) 618-1946 Office: (801) 359-2544
Sen Luz Robles (Dem SLC) firstname.lastname@example.org Home: (801) 953-0905 Office: (801) 521-0407
Cut and Paste this group below in your e-mail “TO” box:
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Use your own words. Here are some sample key points:
· Please support and pass our Resolution SJR6.
· The States and the People created the Federal Government, not the other way around.
· The Constitution clearly states that the Federal Government had certain specifically enumerated powers and all others were reserved to the States and the people.
· The Federal Government was to be small with limited powers primarily to protect our rights.
· The Federal Government has perverted the Constitution by taking almost unlimited power over us.
· The Federal Government is fiscally out of control and the States need to challenge spending on unconstitutional programs and policies.
· Government is best when it is closest to the people.
· Utahns want our schools, our land and our liberty back.
· We expect our legislators to walk the talk and defend our 10th Amendment rights.
· This resolution is intended to be a tool to teach our community about 10th Amendment rights and a tool to set a 2010 set of facts before our legislators to be used to help us evaluate their performance in the future.
Keep your letters polite but firm in your resolve so there is no doubt many citizens of Utah expect our state representatives to stand by their 10th Amendment duty while we stand by our 9th Amendment responsibility. Also, don’t forget to encourage each of them to read and consider signing the 10-4 pledge. Finally, share the link to the Keystone to Our Restoration video created to speak directly to Utah legislators. We appreciate all patriots who stand firm.
Gary Wood is the Educational Advisor for the Utah Tenth Amendment Center. Co-founder of the Heritage Training Center, focused on helping end constitutional illiteracy. With 35 years of devoted study of our Constitution his desire is to help others rediscover the inspiring heritage of the United States. Radio show host, training officer, lifetime member of the VFW and most importantly Grandpa.
If you enjoyed this post:
Click Here to Get the Free Tenth Amendment Center Newsletter,